Moderation is Key
• Check yourself – Are you gambling for fun? Be honest with yourself when answering this question. If you are gambling for a high or it’s not an impulse you can control you need to get accountability for your reasons for gambling.
• Set and Keep to your Limits – Set and stick to limits and controls you put on yourself to keep your casino time in check.
• Budget a specific amount of money per week to gamble with. Only spend that amount. For online gambling, get a separate bank card which it limited to that amount.
• Ask someone else to help you with managing your money. Another person can provide valuable accountability with how much you spend.
• When gambling give credit cards or other bank cards to someone you trust so you don’t overspend.
• Set up auto payments for your most important expenses so the money is automatically withdrawn and doesn’t give you a false sense of what it available.
If you have tried the above list and still struggle with keeping the money you spend on blackjack within limits it might be time to consider additional help. Look at the list below and see if gambling is getting out of control for you.
Signs of Gambling Addiction
1. Spending more money than you can afford when gambling online or traditionally.
2. Losing track of time or spending more time than you should on gambling.
3. Being unable to manage, limit or stop gambling.
4. Find yourself arguing with family, friends and loved ones about money and gambling.
5. Borrowing money from friends, family, loved ones or co-workers for gambling or to cover other expenses due to gambling.
6. Constantly thinking or talking about gambling.
7. Covering up, lying about or hiding your gambling habits from others.
8. Gambling to win back what you’ve lost or to get out of financial hardship.
9. Gambling until you have NO money left.
10. Selling stuff or not paying bills so you can gamble
11. Not feeling the high or excitement that used to come with gambling and need to make to stakes higher to achieve the same feeling.
12. Neglecting all the relationships in your life because you spend so much time gambling, thinking about gambling or finding money to gamble
13. Feeling anxiety, depression, worry, guilt or irritability regarding your life and gambling.
It doesn’t matter the game, roulette, blackjack, poker online casinos or traditional casinos, responsible gambling is the best way to have fun. Find where to play safe and responsible at casinodino.com, a handy resource to discover trustable online gambling platforms.
Therefore, a casino that takes responsible gambling seriously will have clear policies that are in line with the casino’s licensing guidelines and those established by international accreditation agencies such as eCogra. Part of this responsible approach will include providing players with support and access to services in order to address problems, such as online links or freephone telephone numbers to charities and gambling support organisations that help to counsel problem gamblers.
In addition, online casinos should offer players self-exclusion periods (minimum 6 months) and cooling off periods (minimum 24 hours) as a means of enabling players who identify themselves as having a problem time away from the casino in order to seek help. As further support, a reputable online casino will also help players to establish limits on the amount of money they can deposit into their accounts (either daily, weekly or monthly) or, if necessary, work with a player or to lock their accounts (or the accounts of family members) for set periods of time.
A further part of a casino’s responsible gaming policy also concerns their approach to under-age gambling. Therefore, players should only play at casinos that have verification checks when they open a new account, so the casino can check the person opening the account is over 18 years of age. A casino that doesn’t have these checks in place is not one that can be trusted to take its responsibilities to tackling gambling addiction seriously. In addition, a casino with a proper responsible gambling policy will also provide its players with links where they can download filters that stop children from accessing gaming sites. As an example of an online casino that has an effective and clear responsible gaming policy, players are advised to visit Online Casinos.
Online gaming is intended to be a fun and enjoyable pastime, but the industry does recognise that in some instances players play with money they can’t afford, or find themselves unable to control their gambling to the extent that it becomes an addiction. In this situation, reputable online casinos have mechanisms in place that can help a player to prevent their problem from growing worse, and so players should always avoid online casinos that don’t take their responsibilities in this regard seriously.
If you are concerned that you might face a potential problem with an addiction to gambling, there are some very useful guidelines to bear in mind. Remember that gambling in an online casino is meant to be a form of entertainment, not an income. If you do play online, than please visit Paddy Power Home Page for more guidelines on safe play, and keep track of how much money and time you spend, and don’t play with money you can’t afford or chase your losses.
When it comes to playing bingo online, it is easy to forget that bingo is also a forming of gambling. Responsible gaming means staying in control while having fun on your favourite sites. We asked the team of Online Bingo, casino and bingo review site to share with us their top tips for being a responsible player online. Being a responsible player will ensure you enjoy your time more and keep your spending under control.
So how can you be more responsible?
Set Gaming Limits
Most reputable and trusted sites today make it easy for you to set daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits. Basically, you can limit yourself so that you never go over your comfort level. This might be $20 or £20 per week or $500 / £500. All up to you and how much you are comfortable with.
Account Cool Off
Sites that take responsible gaming seriously also make it easy for their players to request account cool off - this means, you can take a break from the site for a specific period of time. Once you request this, you won't be able to login to your account for the specified period.
Be Aware of Your Limits
For some, playing bingo becomes a problem and it's always good to keep these points in mind:
- Never gamble under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Do not play bingo to recover your losses or chase a particular pay off ... the house always win
- Never gamble if it interferes with your daily responsibilities to family, friends and work
Getting Further Help
Fortunately, there are communities and organisations that can also help if you find yourself in trouble or feel as if you're developing a problem with gambling.
- Excellent tip on how to protect yourself from playing online bingo
- Gamble Aware
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Gambling Therapy
- Google Family Safety - an excellent tool that helps you block sites
Hopefully you found the above tips valuable. check out casino sites like http://poker.williamhill.com/ for more information about responsible gambling.
Tolerance--the person is not satisfied with the regular amount of gambling experiences ,and needs more and more additional gambling
Preoccupation--the person often thinks about gambling and dreams of spending all spare time gambling
Withdrawal--the person becomes irritable and short-tempered when tries to quit or reduce amount of gambling experiences
Chasing--the person gambles more hoping to compensate for the loses and win more money
Escape--the person gambles to escape the problems in personal and social life
Loss of control--the person cannot control amount of gambling
Lying--the person tries to hide the passion for gambling
Illegal acts--the person violates the law in order to obtain money for gambling
Bailout--the person seeks financial help at the third party, such as family, friends or pawn shops, to compensate for the losses and continue gambling.
Risked significant relationship--the person gambles despite the risk of losing any significant relationships
Some casinos use aggressive promoting strategies to engage as many problematic gamblers as possible. However, many online casinos commit to responsible gambling and try to help problem gamblers as much as they can. They give an option to limit the balance that can be wagered during one gambling session, refer problem gamblers to the various organizations, such as GamCare or Gamblers Anonymous, and provide an opportunity for players to self-exclude form the casino.
In case the player wants to know in advance whether the online casino provides support to problem gamblers, they should take a look at the online casino reviews in the keytocasino.com database. For those casinos that care about gamblers, there is a tag 'Gambler Support' in the 'Ownership and Associations' tab of the review. Those online casinos that have a tag 'Parental Control' also refer the players to various filtering systems that may be installed on the personal computer to protect family members who are under the legal age from accessing the casinos and other unwanted materials. Overall, there are 419 casinos that offer Gambler Support and 158 casinos that recommend Parental Control systems out of 670 online casinos reviewed. Good casinos such a Coral Casino offer both options.
Several experts state that it is difficult for a person to accept the fact that he/she has a gambling problem. This in turn makes it difficult to treat the problem as it becomes difficult to know whether a person is really suffering from gambling addiction. However, the good thing is that treatment for gambling addiction exists and a person doesn’t need to divulge his/her identity. The best way to treat gambling addiction is to talk about the problem with someone especially with a loved one or close friends. If you are not feeling comfortable talking to others, then it is better to discuss with members of gambling charities. If the above-mentioned tips don’t work, then there are other treatments available such as undergoing psychological therapies and counseling. Doing this will help you to identify the main cause behind the gambling addiction. Group support is helpful as they help people with similar disorders to talk and sort out the problem as they get the support of others. Apart from these, there are several other self-help techniques, which can help people to come out from their gambling addiction. These include, giving out the bankcards or credit cards to people who you trust. For safe gambling, you can go to WJMC, and get all the tips and info.
• It is estimated that around 2%-3% of people in America suffer from Gambling addiction. This means that millions of people in the United States of America suffer from this unique disorder.
• Other studies indicate that even though males comprise of a major chunk of people suffering from this disease, there is an increase in the number of women developing this disease.
• According to a study, people in the US spend $5 billion annually on gambling activities.
• Families of people suffering from gambling addiction are more likely to face domestic violence as gambling addicts most commonly engage in frequent quarrel and fights with their family members over the issue of gambling.
• According to a study, the children of gambling addicts are more likely to develop mental disorders such as stress, depression and other mental disorders.
These were some of the statistics associated with the condition of gambling addiction. Due to the increase in the use of Internet, gambling has become more common among households as more and more women as well as teenagers are engaging in some kind of gambling activity. Playing online roulette is a very great way to have a wonderful time. The online gaming networks, such as Royal Vegas Singapore Casino, are great places to learn how to play roulette. These online casinos offer roulette systems and tips and techniques on how to win.