Gambling addiction statistics
- Category: Poker
- Published on SUNAMUTCE_DECEMBER+0000RDECEMBER_SHORTAMUTC_0C3
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 17629
According to a study conducted in the United States, it was found out that around 2.5 million adults suffer from gambling addiction whereas 15 million people are under the risk of developing this disorder.
• The Gambling addiction index reveals that around 80 percent or above adults of the nation is engaged in some or other kind of gambling activity at least once in their lives.
• In terms of money, Americans have spent $500 billion on wagers. In addition, 2.9 percent adults of all the entire adult population fall in the category of gambling addicts.
• Gambling addiction is common among Caucasian Americans as against Hispanic Americans or African Americans.
• Research has also shown that drinkers have a high risk of developing gambling addiction than those who don’t drink.
• Families with people suffering gambling addiction have increased number of domestic violence, child abuse.
• These were some of the basic statistics about gambling addiction. Researchers are still trying to know the main cause behind gambling addiction and are working towards understanding the psychology behind a person engaging in excessive gambling activities.